LOCTITE® 242 THREADLOCKER BLUE MEDIUM STRENGTH
$22.57 – $61.29
|Medium strength, medium viscosity thixotropic threadlocking adhesive for metal thread sizes up to M36.
LOCTITE® 242 is a medium strength, medium viscosity, methacrylate-based threadlocking adhesive offering general purpose qualities. The product provides quick fixture times on steel, brass and stainless steel of 5, 15 and 20 min respectively. LOCTITE 242 is thixotropic to prevent migration after application and is intended for fasteners that require normal disassembly with standard hand tools.
- Medium strength
- Medium viscosity
- Quick fixture time
- Thixotropic to reduce adhesive migration
- Agency Approvals / Specifications: ABS, CFIA Listed, MIL-S-46163A for existing designs, NSF P1, NSF/ANSI 61
- Chemical Basis / Base: Methacrylate
- Color: Blue
- Fixture Time: 5 – 20 min.
- Full Cure Temperature: 77 °F
- Key Characteristics: Thixotropic
- Specific Gravity: 1.07 g/l
- Specific Gravity Temperature: 25 °C
- Substrates: Metal: Brass, Metal: Steel, Metal: Steel – Stainless Steel
- Temperature: -65 – 300 °F
- Thread Size (Maximum): R3/4″
- Torque Break on M10 Steel: 110 in./lb.
- Torque Prevail on M10 Steel: 43 in./lb.
- Viscosity: 800 – 1600 mPa.s (cP) Brookfield
- Viscosity Temperature: 77 °F
10 m, L50 mL