|Developed in collaboration with Powervamp, the PS50 is a solid state hand-portable combined charger/power supply delivering a maximum of 50A at pre-set voltages of 28V DC for avionics use or 31.5V DC for the rapid re-charging of Powervamp’s unique 28V DC Coolspool portable aircraft start units. Voltage selection is by front-mounted switch.|
The PS50 can be connected directly to the aircraft’s external ground power receptacle or to any of Powervamp’s portable battery start units* and is primarily for operators of small to medium helicopters, VLJs and DC business jets to citation size requiring a source of clean stable DC power for software updates.
The front-mounted quick-disconnect output connector enables this unit to be used as a free-standing portable bench-mounted power supply when used with optional lead sets or alligator clips.
Using optional connector sets, the PS50 can operate in parallel with compatible Powervamp portable start units, delivering continuous power up to its maximum output. Much higher short term power is then delivered on demand direct from the aircraft start unit.
Automatic input voltage selection 90–264V AC/47–63Hz allows international use. A solid state voltmeter displays the output voltage with coloured LEDs indicating output voltage selection. Supplied with NATO lead set, input lead and heavy-duty canvas protective jacket and cable bag.
* This information is given in good faith. Adapter cables may be required.
- 28V DC/31.5V DC selectable output
- Mains on/off switch
- Output voltage selector switch
- Output voltage LED status indicators
- Short circuit/current limit protection
- Corrosion resistant aluminium case with carry handle
- Aircraft cable with NATO connector
- Solid state voltmeter
- Fitted with rubber anti-slip, shock absorbent feet
- Heavy-duty canvas protective jacket and cable bag
- Output voltage: 28V DC and 31.5V DC (selectable)
- Output current: 50 amps
- Output ripple: <150mV p-p
- Input voltage: 90–264V AC/47–63Hz
- Input current: 8A @ 230V AC, 17A @ 115V AC/single phase (typical)
- Operating temp: –20°C to +50°C (-2°F to +122°F)
- Case: Aluminium with shock absorbing feet
- Voltmeter: Solid state LED, IP65
- Aircraft cable: 2m (6ft) with NATO connector
- Cooling: Forced ventilation
- Protections: Thermal, current overload, short circuit, over voltage
- NCAGE: KD628
- Length: 14″ (350mm)
- Width: 5″ (140mm)
- Height: 6″ (150mm)
- Weight: 11 lbs. (5kg)